Economic Development Coordinator
Commensurate with experience
Full Time with Benefits
Under general direction, responsible for assisting in the implementation and coordination of economic development programs and initiatives and for providing support for department operations; performs related work as required. This position reports to the Vice President of Economic Development.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in the planning and development of the organization and methodology of economic development initiatives including the completion and analysis of social, economic and other data for marketing and project management purposes
• Conduct periodic reviews and essential research for the maintenance/update of website and electronic communications including: Tracking company employment numbers and functions, tracking new business licenses and creating/updating PowerPoint and Prezi presentations
• Collect data and maintain available site and property databases
• Compose monthly department reports as assigned
• Assist with Economic Development marketing communications and manage customer relationships
• Assist with the Highlands Economic Partnership investor communications
• Schedule and coordinate Industrial Development Board of the City of Cookeville quarterly meetings and other events as needed
• Assist with some administrative duties, such as setting appointments, completing expense reports, and organizing or facilitating meetings
• Work special projects as assigned Minimum
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Planning, Economics, Design or closely related field and two (2) years of professional experience in a related field. Equivalent combination of training and experience is acceptable.
• Ability to accomplish following tasks: plan, develop and coordinate economic development programs; prepare technical reports and materials; make oral presentations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials, businesses and the general public; and maintain a customer management database.
• Knowledge of the following software preferred: InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, WordPress, Adobe editing suite and Prezi
• Graphic Design or marketing experience a plus
• Strong grammatical and writing skills are required
• Must be able to travel part of time and capable of working on multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
How to Apply: If you believe your qualifications meet the listed requirements, please submit a cover letter and resume by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Application - Economic Development Coordinator". Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 by 5 pm CST or until position is filled. Submitted applications will be reviewed as they are received.
About the Highlands Economic Partnership:
The Highlands Economic Partnership, which was launched in 2006 by the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce as the Highlands Initiative, is a collaborative, public/private sector program designed to boost economic and community development in Jackson, Overton, Putnam and White counties. Over 85 investor companies made up of federal, state, city and county governments and agencies, chambers of commerce, key officials and business leaders throughout the region, play key roles in the program’s development.
The Highlands Economic Partnership provides unparalleled access to education, leadership development, relationship-building and up-to-the-minute information about doing business in the the region. Our strategic initiatives include higher education, workforce development, regional cooperation, strengthening existing businesses, recruiting businesses, and enabling a strong entrepreneurship ecosystem.