The overall regional goal is to improve the education attainment level and job readiness of our future workforce by enhanced training, education, skill development, and providing work based learning opportunities to match the needs of targeted industries and existing industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- Improving the quality of life in the Upper Cumberland by having an industry base which provides economic opportunity for its citizens.
- Assuring that existing regional industry base has the available talent pool to meet its needs for sustaining and growing its activities while remaining in the Upper Cumberland Region
- Demonstrating the ability to meet the needs of employers as a recruiting tool for new industry entering the Upper Cumberland Region.
- Provide academic/career exploration for students through academic career coach positions beginning with 7th grade students through post-secondary education, increasing student access each year.
- Engage regional stakeholders in advancing TN pathways mission and vision in the Upper Cumberland Region, ensuring alignment to local priorities and strategies.
- Conduct an annual assessment of regional labor force needs and determine requirements for new pathways creation based on assessments.
- Establish parental and community engagement methodologies designed to inform and create a culture of understanding and support of the pathways work.
- Partner with state leadership team to advance the work and to maintain communication with statewide pathways strategies.